The F Factor is a nationwide startup competition in the UK underpinned with active entrepreneurship education for students and graduates to harness cutting-edge innovation and shape them into solutions for the world’s most pressing problems.
This competition is designed to provide young aspiring entrepreneurs with tools, skills-training and context to bring their ideas to life and present them to experts as well as opportunities to collaborate with like-minded peers, interact with mentors and gain access to work experience.
We want you to factor entrepreneurship into your future.
For your final F Factor submission, what is needed is
- The description of your idea in 280 characters
- A link to your prototype or a one minute video walk-through of your prototype
- A Video pitch of two minutes maximum to present your idea
If you have any questions about the entry process or want to provide feedback, please contact the organisers at firstname.lastname@example.org
This rules apply to ALL members of your team Age
- You have to be at least 18 by December 31st, 2020.
- You have to be 25 or younger by June 14th, 2021 (this means that if you are currently 25 but will turn 26 before June 14th 2021, you are unfortunately not eligible to enter).
You have to be a “future founder”. This means you can run an existing startup as long as you are not running it full-time. We consider part-time founder anyone who in addition to running their startup:
- Is enrolled in University.
- Is employed in a full-time job.
- Is doing another activity than their startup to earn money (Freelancing, consulting, tutoring works for instance even if just a few days a week/month).
Yes! You can enter if you already have a startup.
However we do have some entry criteria:
- You are still eligible if you can pay yourself a small salary with your startup as long as you are still not doing it as your only “activity”.
- If you have recently quit your job and are able to live off your savings without having to do any other activity than your startup to earn money, we will consider you a full-time founder and therefore not eligible.
The Online Qualifier selection process has 2 stages. Please see details and dates of each stages below:
Stage 1: Eligibility form
- you will be informed within 1 week from the date of your submission.
- 1st stage applications close: 29/01/21.
Stage 2: Final submission
If you are accepted, you will receive an email with the link to do your final submission. What you will need to make your final submission:
- The description of your idea in 280 characters.
- A link to your prototype or a one minute video walk-through of your prototype.
- A Video pitch of two minutes maximum to present your idea.
If you have teammates, you will have to answer eligibility and diversity questions for them as well within this submission
- Online Qualifiers announcements – You will know if you qualify for the Regional Semi-Finals at the following dates (depending of your submission time)
- 07/12/20 – 1st wave of results announcement (if application is submitted by 13/11/20)
- 11/01/21 – 2nd wave of results announcement (if application is submitted by 19/12/20)
- 15/02/21 – Final results announcement (if application is submitted by 29/01/21)
The earlier you apply, the more chances you will have to go through
The Online Qualifiers include several milestones to complete your submission to enter The F Factor.
See all 3 Steps below:
- Step 1 – Select a problem & frame your idea.
- Step 2 – Talk to users/customers and collect feedback (Optional if you choose the Fast Track)
- Step 3 – Submit your final pitch in video
You can find more information on the what you need for your submission here: competition page
To enter we want to see a prototype of your solution. This means we want to see anything that can be put in the hand of end-users and to enable them to interact with your solution.
This can include hardware prototypes or wireframes for software solutions. It can be as simple as interactive paper wireframes. using apps like Marvel & Flinto or fully built products.
See here – https://app.smrtp.io/c4UTdQalfU
We want to see your pitch video to learn more about your solution! We need you to be able to articulate the problem, explain your solution and tell us why your product can be a viable startup. Therefore, the best pitch videos will be prepared and rehearsed. Don’t forget to introduce yourself or your team!
However, we won’t judge your entry on the video production quality. A selfie video that you record with your phone will work just fine as long as we can hear you and see you clearly.
Yes you can! Whether you’re working full time, taking a gap year, finishing your studies or working on your own startup project, we welcome everyone to apply!
Yes you can! The F Factor is open to everyone in the UK.
09/09/20 – 29/01/21: Online qualifiers
- 09/09/20 – 2020-2021 Launch
- 21/10/20 – F Factor workshop #1
- 13/11/20 – Early application Deadline #1
- 02/12/20 – F Factor workshop #2
- 07/12/20 – 1st wave of results announcement
- 19/12/20 – Early application Deadline #2
- 11/01/21 – 2nd wave of results announcement
- 19/01/21 – F Factor workshop #3
- 29/01/21 – Official application deadline
- 15/02/21 – Final results announcement
27/02/21 – Regional Semi-Finals
08/03/21 – Regional Finalists Announcement
23/03/21 – 31/03/21: Regional finals
- 23/03/21 – Regional Final #1 – Scotland & Northern Ireland
- 24/03/21 – Regional Final #2 – North East, North West & Yorkshire
- 25/03/21 – Regional Final #3 – Midlands, Wales & Eastern
- 30/03/21 – Regional Final #4 – South East & South West
- 31/03/21 – Regional Final #5 – Greater London
14/06/21 – National Final
Founders of the Future aims to support all aspiring entrepreneurs in their journey to become founders, offering programmes, events and a curated network of like minded ambitious people. Founders of the Future have launched the nationwide startup competition The F Factor, giving aspiring entrepreneurs a launchpad for their startup and a chance to win £10k equity free!
Yes, The F Factor team will provide resources and workshops to help you during the Online Qualifiers phase and 1-2-1 training sessions for the Regional Finals and National Finals. Check out our competition page which will link you to the different Steps pages that have resources and tools to guide you through your entry.
Here are our workshops dates:
- Workshop 1: 21/10/2020
- Workshop 2: 02/12/2020
- Workshop 3: 19/01/2021
Have a look at our events page and sign up!
The workshops will help you on the steps you need to complete in order to submit your entry. From getting an idea to filming your pitch in video. The F Factor team won’t be able to provide direct feedback or help develop your startup idea but we provide this to help you learn in your own time.
None. You will not be judged on your CV or what you have achieved in the past. You just need to have the start of a great idea. You just need to show us that you are serious about your idea and that you are the right person to build it. You should also think about why there is a demand for your business and include some customer feedback in your pitch!